All visitors travelling to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia. An ICME-15 Invitation Letter is not required to obtain an Australian visa. Once registration is complete and registration fees paid in full, a confirmation of registration, or the tax invoice for payment of the registration fees is sufficient to lodge a visa application. For VISA information please visit the Australian Immigration Office website: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder
It is strongly recommended that Australian visa applications are lodged at least two months prior to departure. New Zealand passport holders can travel to Australia without a visa and obtain a visa on arrival at the airport.
Traveling to Australia
Sydney airport is the busiest in Australia and one of the world’s oldest continuously operated commercial airports, with more than 35 airlines flying into Sydney Airport.
During Your Stay
ICME-15 registration fees do not include insurance coverage. Taking out an insurance policy from the country of origin is strongly recommended before travelling to ICME-15. The policy should include:
- Loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of participation in the Conference or through cancellation of the Conference,
- Loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason,
- Loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia,
- Failure to utilize tours or pre-booked arrangements due to airline delay,
- Force Majeure or any other reason,
- Medical expenses (including sickness and accident cover),
- Loss or damage to personal property,
- Additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered,
- Medical expenses.
ICME-15 cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance.
In Sydney, the average temperatures in July are 8-17ºC (46-62ºF).
Australians are generally informal dressers, but semi-formal attire is appropriate for special occasions or events. A light jacket is recommended for evenings.